
The sheer nerve (I rather use the word 'cojones' TBQH... hmmmm so why don't I, no?)... Let's start again why don't we...
The sheer 'cojones' in believing that if you "blog it they will come" is the height of vanity (well... maybe social networking and the constant and often mundane status updates and tweets are just a tad more vain, OK, OK, a little bit more than a tad ;) ). Thinking that anyone would take time from their already compressed day to spend a few minutes sitting in front of their computer or straining their eyes on a getting-smaller-by-the-minute-mobile device/smartphone (WTB iPad!) to read someone rambling on (babbling? babbling?! BABBLING!!!) and offering nothing productive or enlightening really does scream narcissism and an excessive belief in myself and my own attractiveness... particularly when I am new to this whole Warmachine/Hordes thing and haven't even played a real game yet!
I picked up a Trollblood Warpack box, Doomshaper, a Mauler and Hordes Primal Rulebook (softcover only please, since I already burned a hole the size of of the island of Oahu in my bank account from all that metal, oh boy (!) is miniature gaming expensive!) back in 2006 when Hordes was first released. I chose Trollbloods because I loved the initial sculpts, there was so much character, and I didn't want to do a lot of catching up trying to get into the main game, Warmachine (plus the fact that I am really (really !) bad at painting metallics which all those 'jacks required). The models quickly languished untouched in their boxes and blisters and the rulebook precariously balanced on a pile of other miniature gaming rulebooks and magazines accumulating dust in the corner of the den (believing that at any moment one more dust particle would surely topple that stack into a fine mess). Fast-forward roughly four years later and here I am trying to get into the game, feverishly trying to catch up with all the released models for the faction, and trying to make a commitment to play at least one night every two weeks at the LGS. What brought this about you ask (well technically I am the one asking, but my vanity makes me believe that someone else is, have to love the way it manages to sort those kind of things out)? First, the release of MKII and thinking that this is a good time to start; and secondly (which is actually the main reason, but I am still trying not to admit it), getting bored and finally canceling my World of Warcraft account last October (I still can't believe I played that game for five years! Surprisingly, this might be the one thing my vanity can't spin into something less compromising *ugh*).
I will be approaching this as an experiment, blogging that commitment, where I will try to post my thoughts on the faction, the game in general, perhaps record matches, and help keep me motivated to paint my army of trollbloods by posting completed minis and possibly WIPs, all from a newbie point-of-view with hopefully a healthy (or not-so-healthy) dose of my dry wit and sardonic humor.
This isn't my first blog, I have another on Blogspot that serves as an online journal of my travels and photography, but yes, this blog (just like that other one) is definitely an exercise in vanity, my own, and you know what, that's damn fine, because I'll probably be the only one reading it anyway. LOL!

2 comments:
Hello!
I like your thinking about blogging - and you do make some valid points! Personally I just assume that im the only one reading mine, but if anyone else finds it interesting its a bonus!
I also played *that online game* for about 4 or 5 years as well, but realised that was bad for me... much too late. Oh well.
Trollbloods are quite a good army from what Ive played against, in MK2 they got some decent buffs as well.
@Binz: I am very excited to start playing my trolls (as soon as I get at least 15-25 points painted)! re: "that online game", I am ashamed to admit that I am actually looking forward to turning my tauren druid into a troll and leveling a goblin shaman *shame on me! shame! shame!! shame!!! lol*
Post a Comment