
My initial Trollblood purchase when Hordes was first released included: Trollblood Warpack box set (pMadrak, Axer, and 2 Impalers), pDoomshaper and a Totem Hunter. The Dire Troll Mauler was quickly purchased (pre-ordered!) to include a much-needed heavy warbeast that was missing in the box set. That's where my Trollblood army ended 4 years ago.
One of the reasons I chose Hordes over Warmachine was to avoid the need to "catch up" and buy more miniatures than I can paint and field on the table just because they were already available (which the obsessively completest gamer in me wants to have immediately... as in right now! LOL). The irony isn't lost on me now that I am feverishly trying to get my hands on as many of the Trollblood miniatures published. Fortunately, the whole process hasn't broken the bank (yet!) as I have been lucky to make judicious trades (my Dark Age, Infinity, Rezolution and Confrontation for your Trollbloods, s'il vous plaît? Merci!) and one or two successful sniping (last-minute bids) on eBay. So this is what I have so far:
Warlocks
- * pMadrak
- * pDoomshaper
- * Grissel
Heavy Warbeast
- * Dire Troll Mauler
- * Mulg
Light Warbeast
- * Axer
- * Impaler x 2
- * Pyre Troll
Units
- * Trollkin Champions (5)
- * Kriel Stone Bearer and Scribes (4)
- * Runeshapers
Solos
- * Fel Caller
- * Stone Scribe Elder
- * Stone Scribe Chronicler
- * Horthol (I plan to use as a Hero since I am not fond of the Hero sculpt)
Minions
- * Totem Hunter
It's not a very flexible force, seems pretty cookie-cutter even to someone like me who hasn't really played. I do plan to expand, I think Fennblades will be the first purchase (or maybe a warlock, but what I really want are the Long Riders because they look so awesome! "Houston to J.A.M., time to come back down to Earth!"), but I really want to paint at least 75% of what I have before I make any additional investments (am I hearing a chorus of: "Good luck on that!" ?... I know, right? LOL).
I still have some Warhammer Fantasy, Dark Age, Rezolution, Infinity and Confrontation to trade for Trollbloods if any of you are interested ;)

0 comments:
Post a Comment